Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Agatha von Brünswick
Some say this German professor is really too old for leading expeditions. But as a teacher, she knows how to handle people.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Agatha is a rhetorician scientist, with great Speech and Speech Defense but lacking Attack.
Agatha can lecture enemies in an area and touch their hearts like a teacher. Agatha does best in Devious or Friendly crews, but might need someone to do physical work.
Captain Perk[edit | edit source]
Stats[edit | edit source]
|Speech Power||25||Speech Defense||24|
Attacks[edit | edit source]
|Ability Type||Attack||Terrify||Try to Excite||Lecture||Inspiring Course|
|Damage Modifier||100%||100%||100%/35% Heal||50%||50%|
|Available at Level||1||1||1||2||4|
|Range||Melee||Melee||2 tiles||Point (about 3 tiles)||Point (about 3 tiles)|
|Extra Effects||N/A||N/A||N/A||Affects enemies within the target cone.||Affects enemies within the target cone.|
|Gains +25% power each turn while off cooldown, with a maximum of +75% power.||Gains +25% power each turn while off cooldown, with a maximum of +75% power.|
Training and Perks[edit | edit source]
|Level||Option 1||Option 2||Ability|
|Start||Archaeologist - Medieval (unique)||Archaeologist - History||N/A|
|2||Archaeologist - Symbolism||Tactician - Military History||New Ability: Lecture|
|3||Re-educate - Lecture gains +25% Power when your current attitude is Aggressive. Additionally, the effect on the state of mind is stronger.||Feedback - Agatha gains +3 Speech Power for 3 turns for each target that is Saddened after casting Lecture.||Gain an extra Trinket slot!|
|4||Archaeologist - Excavation||Tactician - Offense||New Ability: Inspiring Course|
|5||Parenting - Gains an extra Speech on Agatha's Terrify, with 50% Speech.||Teacher's Gossip - Agatha gains +10 Speech while your current attitude is Devious.||N/A|
Spoilers[edit | edit source]
Hidden Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- doesn't believe in nonsense.
- is pretty mean.
- hates dogs.
- is dead serious about everything.
Campfire Cards[edit | edit source]
- Renowned Archaeologist (shared with Maria) - +15 Renown for each level of Archaeologist of your highest level Archaeologist. Bonus triples from level 5.
- Tactical Insight (shared with Victor) - +3 Campaign when spending Insight with a lvl 3 Tactician.
- German Import - 6 Secret.
Personal Campfire Story[edit | edit source]
German Import: When this campfire story is played, the crew immediately obtains 6 Secret tokens, but loses up to10 Study tokens. Each crew member's Spirit is increased by 25%, but their Speech Defense is reduced by 10. These bonuses are permanent. Each crew member also likes Agatha a little better.
If a crew member is a Tee-total when it comes to drinking, they will not receive the penalty or the 'Likes Agatha' buff as they refuse to drink.
For the remainder of the story, after completing a node, one of the following might happen:
- The crew loses up to 5 Study tokens.
- The crew gains 3 Campaign tokens.
- One crew member gets a penalty of -25 to their Speech Defense for the remainder of the expedition.
- You may activate the Story End (It seems to activate 2 expeditions after, but this may vary): Agatha has too much to drink and complains that she wants to go home, initiating an encounter between her and the rest of your crew. This encounter earns the normal tokens for any encounter. She appears to only use her basic attacks but keeps her stats. (She counts as a Boss for Bia's captain perk).
- Once the Story End is completed, no further activations of the card occur, and Agatha gains a 'Likes...' for both of the other crew members.
Personalized Buffs[edit | edit source]
The following permanent buffs related to Agatha can be obtained through personal campfire stories:
- Likes Agatha: 10% Speech Power. That's one pretty cool granny.
- Admires Agatha: 10% Speech Power, +15 Speech Defense. Gain the Archaeologist - Medieval perk! Her expertise and experience are unparalleled!
- Wary of Agatha: 10% Attack Power. Grumpy granny...
- Agatha's Opposite: 25% Attack Power, Gain the Athlete - Powerhouse perk! So negative and feeble! I keep in shape for physical challenges!
Patch History[edit | edit source]
- Agatha's German Import now has limited debuff activations and an additional Story End, making it more versatile than previously.
- Agatha's German Import will now only penalize 5 Study (down from 10), 25 Speech Defense (down from 40), and give 3 Campaign (up from 1) (MTE) Patch 10:
- Agatha's Inspiring Course now comes one level later.
|Scientists||Anna - Emilia - Earl - Agatha - Phillipe - Min-Jeong|
|Scouts||Harry - Kiwi - Pedrinho - Hatice - Molly - Hojo|
|Fighters||Victor - Dolores - Ivan - Bia - Jan-Piet - Yu|
|Speakers||Yvonne - Kwame - Hildegard - Maria - Charles - Phailin|