Earl is the nephew of the Renowned Explorer’s janitor from Kansas. Has a fake membership, but everyone acts like it’s real. Good with explosives.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Earl is a glass cannon scientist, with amazing Attack and good Speech but very poor defenses.
Earl's area attacks are amongst the best in the Renowned Explorers! Earl does well in Devious or Aggressive teams, as long as there is someone to protect him!
Captain Perk[edit | edit source]
Stats[edit | edit source]
|Speech Power||25||Speech Defense||29|
Attacks[edit | edit source]
|Ability Type||Attack||Enrage||Try to Impress||Experimentation||Strike of Fear|
|Damage Modifier||100%||100%||75%/25% Heal||40%||50%|
|Available at Level||1||1||1||2||4|
|Range||2 tiles||2 tiles||2 tiles||Point (about 2 tiles)||Point (about 3 tiles)|
|Extra Effects||N/A||N/A||N/A||Affects enemies within the target circle.||Affects enemies within the target line.|
|Gains +25% power each turn while off cooldown, with a maximum of +75% power.||Stuns non-boss characters.|
|Gains +25% power each turn while off cooldown, with a maximum of +75% power.|
Training and Perks[edit | edit source]
Spoilers[edit | edit source]
Hidden Characteristics[edit | edit source]
- is gullible.
- is very greedy.
- has cockamamy ideas.
Campfire Cards[edit | edit source]
- Dangerous Engineer (shared with Phillipe) - One crew member gains +3 Attack per level of Engineer.
- Scavenger (shared with Kiwi) - Choose one lvl 4 Survivalist who gains +1 Supplies on Survivalist Spins.
- Weird Patents - Renown received from Gold increases by 3% every time you find a Discovery*.
- *NOTE: Does not apply to Discoveries collect on the world map, whether from Entourage, Insight or Treasures (Origin of the Species II)
Personal Campfire Story[edit | edit source]
- On playing the personal story card, Earl announces his intentions to make something, allowing you to select one other crew member to interact with him and play out the story.
- Earl builds a bike. Depending on either luck or factors not known to the player, Earl will succeed or fail, and he requires two expeditions to finish the bike. On the first story interlude, success will result in the selected crew member to like him, and failure will result in wary. On the second story, success will give the crew 2 Discovery tokens, while failure will make Earl wary of himself.
- Hidden Characteristic Interaction:
Personalized Buffs[edit | edit source]
The following permanent buffs related to Earl can be obtained through personal campfire stories:
- Likes Earl: 10% Attack Power. Hehe, he's silly.
- Admires Earl: 10% Attack Power, +10 Speech Defense. Gain the Engineer - Explosives perk! So dangerous! Pretty cool if you think about it.
- Wary of Earl: +5 Spirit. He kind of stinks.
- Earl's Opposite: 10% Speech Power, +10 Spirit, Gain the Tactician - Defense perk! What a moron! I'd better protect the crew!
Patch History[edit | edit source]
- Lowered Earl's bonus from Weird Patents to 3%.
- Cooldown of Strike of Fear raised to 6.
- Earl gained a little more speech defense (from 25 to 30), and his captain perk is boosted. (from 4 to 6 collect)
- Earl's captain perk now gives 4 Collect tokens per Paper.
|Scientists||Anna - Emilia - Earl - Agatha - Phillipe - Min-Jeong|
|Scouts||Harry - Kiwi - Pedrinho - Hatice - Molly - Hojo|
|Fighters||Victor - Dolores - Ivan - Bia - Jan-Piet - Yu|
|Speakers||Yvonne - Kwame - Hildegard - Maria - Charles - Phailin|